Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Lake Lanier

For an anniversary gift to Allen, I bought Allen, Noah, and I season passes to Lake Lanier Beach and Water Park for the summer! We decided to try them out the weekend of our anniversary and we had a blast!! For the past few summers I kept saying how awesome it would be when Noah is finally tall enough for the rides. Well, the time has come!! I knew he would love them...he is a little daredevil!! We decided to stick with the tube rides for the first time and Noah and I rode in double tubes for the first half of the day to get him used to it all. He was super excited about them and he noticed some kids riding in their own tubes on some of the rides so he wanted to try it. He did awesome by himself! He even flipped over at the bottom of one of them and came up laughing.


Now, with all that being said, we did have one little mishap at the end of the day. We were tired and ready to home but we all wanted to go on one more ride. We picked the ride that we went on first since we had not been back to it since that first time. Noah wanted to ride by himself and i should have trusted that little voice in my head that was saying "Not on this one". There are these 3 BIG dips at the end of the ride that i thought Noah might get stuck on but figured since they were at the very end he would be okay...besides, he was a champ all day long with the other ones. Allen was going to stand down at the bottom since we didn't have any pictures of Noah on the rides that day so he could get him coming down on his tube. Noah needs a little help at the top of the slides so I would let Noah go first so I could help him and then I would go down after him. Well, this time when i was getting close to the end of the ride, I could see the life guard waving his arms at me to stop mid-ride. That only meant Noah was in trouble. Noah flipped out of his tube on one of the big dips and got stuck in the water unable to help himself because the water was coming down so fast. Noah was scared and crying and i could see he was stuck. I went into "mom" mode and jumped out of my tube and started climbing down the dips to get to Noah. Luckily the life guard started climbing up the slide and he got to Noah first. It took Noah a LONG time to calm down after that but thankfully it didn't dampen his spirits of the day. We promised him some Bruster's on the way home and that seemed to make everything better. Noah decided on that ride, he and i would always ride in a double tube. The funny thing is that Allen snapped the camera right when Noah was flipping out since my camera takes a few seconds and this is the only picture we have...

0 comments: